Daniel Scocco from Daily Blog Tips has asked his readers to join a Group Writing Project and post their ‘Internet Goals’ for 2009.
I feel obliged to participate as ‘goals’ are one of the things I write about. Well, I’ve been meaning to write about them anyway. Another goal!
If you don’t have goals you’re like the proverbial ship without a rudder, on a storm tossed ocean with no compass or destination. No maps either.
Not having internet goals isn’t quite as bad as no life goals, but goals are still important if you don’t want to get distracted and waste your life on trivia. It’s very easy to get distracted on the internet!
I have nine internet goals for the New Year; (they are really blogging goals):
- To increase my readership (no limits to this)
- To increase my ‘Property Product’ sales
- To somehow upload my son’s “Thomas the Tank Engine” video clip to You Tube
- To find out what CSS are (what are they?)
- To stop the daily ‘blogger help’ emails in my Inbox. Unsubscribing doesn’t seem to work..
- To get more friends on SU
- To re-think my decision of joining My Blog Log
- To increase my authority on Technorati
- To figure out the meaning of life and Twitter (or TwiTip??)
The blogging world is indeed a strange place! I need YOU to help me achieve my goals.
Happy New Year!